Saturday, July 14, 2012

Radishes


I'll show a few photos of our wind-wrecked yard turned to garden in a while, but for now I wanted to share a post on radishes while they are in season.  I've never grown these before.  So fun!  And way way spicy! I think these are about the easiest thing we've grown so far.  
Now I'll be honest, I'm not really sure of what people do with radishes.  I only use them for one thing: a radish sandwich.  My mom calls them a radish bem (I have no idea how to spell that).  It basically means a sandwich.  I'm guessing it's German because my German grandmother called all sandwiches 'bems'.
I'll show you how to make them.


Oh man!  Oh man!  Just slicing these things up made me drool!
Here's how it goes:  
Spread mayo on your bread.
Slice some radishes and spread them on the bread.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

That's it! 
Try it!


2 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Utah Bloggers Meetup! I love your blog. You're photography is beautiful.

    Vanessa Barker
    www.ourthriftyideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try it when I come.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...