Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Grandmother's Caramel Popcorn


I'm a sucker for caramel popcorn.  I also like popcorn drenched in butter and salt.  Alas, I don't eat it that much.  Only I wish I could.
My Grandma knows I like her caramel popcorn and the last time I visited she made up a batch for me before I left.  She also gave me her recipe.  Can you tell the handwriting goes bad about half way through the recipe?  I wish I hadn't been so helpful and just let her finish writing it out herself, she has such a beautiful handwriting.  It seems like everyone just a generation ahead of me and on has the most lovely handwriting.  Must be something about using my fingers to type rather than giving them practice with a pen.
Anyways, I wanted to share it with you :)

Grandma Nelson's Caramel Popcorn

2 sticks (1/2 lb) butter
2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cups white karo syrup

Bring to rolli


2 comments:

  1. I think you are missing part of the recipe. I love this recipe though... Beautiful pics, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. only the best caramel popcorn in the world...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...