Thursday, November 1, 2012

Must. Keep. Going.


I feel so overwhelmed right now.  It won't last forever right?

I like this quote my Dad recently sent to me.  I read it while I was completely covered in cardboard boxes and packing tape, but trying to hide from packing by reading a book.  Look, this book is such a distraction.  The only way to get past that is to hurry and finish it right?  So kids are yelling, nothing is packing itself, I'm stressed, and here I am with my nose stuck in a book.  And then I got my dad's email, and this lovely quote.  "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."  I truly felt like I was in a light brown cardboard hole, and I wasn't doing anything to get out of that.  
But it doesn't just apply to putting off packing, it can apply to bad habits, not letting oneself get enough sleep, or not taking enough care of our bodies.  Just something to think about.

love ya!

3 comments:

  1. I like that quote too! It seems like we all want to run away from our big tasks or big problems when really it's so much better just to tackle them and put them behind us. Like you said, it won't last forever! Thanks for the reminder! (Thanks dad... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote too! It seems like we all want to run away from our big tasks or big problems when really it's so much better just to tackle them and put them behind us. Like you said, it won't last forever! Thanks for the reminder! (Thanks dad... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good quote. I am finding that I need to employ that in my life recently, also.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...