Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting to know Lapis Lazuli


Although I was born in the USA, I moved all around the world with my family as I grew up.  My father works as an accountant for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and he would travel around to other countries training other employees.  Even though I've grown up and now live with my husband in the US, my family continues to travel without me.  
sniff

But that's okay!  Because I have a loving mother who is always on the lookout for stones, pearls, and other gems that I would be searching for for myself in these far off places.

This is her most recent find, lapis lazuli from Chile. 


Lapis lazuli is a semi-precious stone.  It comes in varying degrees of deep blue and has been mined and polished for centuries.  And it's not hard to see why!
It's a beautiful stone.

I've come up with a few earring designs so far, but I would love to expand more. 





Any ideas?  I'm all up for custom orders.
The above pieces can be found in the shop.

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazingly gorgeous! My favorite are the second pair. I will have to save up my pennies! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...