Monday, June 18, 2012

S'mores Pie

 

Yesterday was Father's Day and my husband's birthday is three days later.  I have never been very creative at giving gifts, so I usually feel that some sort of dessert is a sure way to go.  I settled on his choice of pie for Father's Day, and his favorite cake on his birthday.
He chose a s'mores pie.
Good choice.

 

I first found this recipe on Pioneer Woman.  She got it from The Noshery.
This is what I like to call the mature s'mores pie.  Slightly deeper, darker, and richer in taste.  And filled with crunchy toasted almonds and chocolate chips.  
Ahhhhhh.


I'll let you know right now that this is sort of a three hour undertaking, but well worth it.  Just pick a lazy Sunday afternoon when the family is happy eating leftovers while you are busy in the kitchen.


And then send the kids to bed.


And enjoy the fact that you are a grown-up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...