Thursday, August 30, 2012

Easiest cupcake decorating ever...


Whenever I see a beautifully decorated cupcake online I think, 'Man, I could totally do that.'  I harbor the idea in my mind for a while, and then when the next opportunity to make cupcakes comes along, I relearn again and again that maybe fabulous cupcake decorating takes practice, because mine never look like the photo.

This week I made cupcakes to take to a Young Women's activity with my church.  I'll speak more on our activity in a few weeks, but I wanted to share this super duper easy technique of decorating cupcakes with you.  I've seen it on the internet several times before and there are quite a few tutorials out there, so I won't be sharing a tutorial with you today.  But here are a few that explain it pretty well.

The basic idea is that you pipe the flower petal shapes onto your frosting, and then use a paintbrush with warm water to brush the frosting inwards to the center of the flower.  It creates a sort of a messy 3D look.  Pretty difficult to mess up. 
Okay let me rephrase that, mine have a messy 3D look.  All of the ones I've seen done with fondant are delicate and beautiful.


box cake

Originally this is meant to be done on fondant or royal icing, but I opted for regular buttercream frosting to make my life a little easier.  I just waited for the it to dry on top and had no problem taking a paint brush to them.


To get the light sea foam color I used one drop of neon blue and one drop of regular green.


And there you have it!  A super fast way of making regular old cupcakes looking a little more floral.  And pretty :)


Do you have a favorite cupcake decorating technique?  Please share!

P.S.  If you're in the mood to win some washi tape, head on over to Bless This Mess.  My friend, Melissa, has some new and fun ideas on how to use it!  (To decorate food no less!)

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful.As cake looks much beautiful. We can use such in any occasions. As these are easily available in market. We can buy such toppers online through various online stores. For more info you can check graciousbridal.com .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...