Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Went out punkin pickin'

eclairre!
Thank you to all those who entered :)


Before Halloween my husband and I took the kids to a pumpkin patch where you actually pick your pumpkin out of the patch.  I had no idea you could actually do that!
 Whenever I've been pumpkin 'picking' it was where there just happened to be truckloads of pumpkins alongside the road.  But this was neat!
We got to search for the perfect pumpkins all on our own. 


I'd have to say the only sad part was the many squashed pumpkins ruthlessly run over by a tractor.  So many lives wasted.


But on the brighter side, I think I've come to the conclusion that pumpkins are beautiful just the way they are.  Orange and pretty.
I'm sure I'll be convinced into much pumpkin carving as the children grow up, but I'm thinking for decorating purposes, I'll just stick with the orange.



2 comments:

  1. awww shucks! Congrats Eclairre! After reading this post we are definitely going pumpkin hunting next year! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I'm so sad I didn't even enter! I was in podunk, UT where you don't get cell service let alone internet. LOL Congrats to the lucky winner!

    That's so funny that you've never been to an actual pumpkin patch-IMO it's the only way to go picking. The only downside is that Sophie takes like an hour to choose a pumpkin because she changes her mind so often! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...