Tuesday, May 8, 2012

getup and panache

top and bolero cardigan-Target, shorts-Kohls, shoes-Target, purse-handmade by me (find pattern here)

I know I've posted about my sisters before, but I have only ever shown photos of my younger one. (Actually just one younger one.  There is still my baby sister, and that will be a fun post!)  
This here is my eldest.  My automatic best friend from birth.
She's the kind of sister that you sort of always kind of grapple with- but you love her anyways and you know she will always love you.  In fact as I write this I've discovered something about myself.  If I ever fight with you, it is because I love you unconditionally.  I hate fighting.  I hate the very thought that someone could be disappointed or discontented with me in any way.  I avoid it.  To the point of losing my argument or way.  So, it is very rare that I will choose to stand up to someone unless I feel sure that I am in loving arms and it will have no real affect on our relationship.  Yeah... I just had to get that out.
Moving on...

My sister is someone who I absolutely adore spending hours talking to just because we see things so differently that we can give each other insight and validation.  She's brave, and she's innovative.  She has three beautiful babies, and she's a brilliant artist.

Now, to the 'panache' part of this post!


These are 'stained glass' earrings from Italy.  Oh man.  Petite, smooth, colorful.  They almost make me want to run out and pierce my ears.  I love them so much.  I'm a touch-and-feel type of person.  This is the type of thing I would hold up to the light just to see the sun make the colors brighter.  They were given to her by my parents after a trip to Italy.


This pendant was gifted to her by our baby sister.  This one is from Chile (my parents live everywhere).  And guess what?


It's not just pretty on the outside:


Neato huh!

I just thought I'd share a few photos of this gorgeous girl and her getup.  She's one of those stars in my life that I couldn't ever give up.  


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! My mom used to complain that I fought with here more and got mad at her more than with my dad, but I'm closer to my mom and that's the reason why I find it easier to fight with her. I know no matter what we will make up and she will love me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...