Wednesday, June 27, 2012

fixing an oversized envelope


I wanted to send a painting to my grandmother for her birthday.  I'm pretty cheap into making do with what I have on hand when it comes to mailing packages.  Sometimes I even use two pieces of thick scrap-booking paper and sew all the way around the edges.  I think it makes the package just a bit cuter.  Plus I don't have to run to the store and buy an envelope to fit a special size.

A while ago I purchased a package of manila envelopes from the store for a dollar.  So for my grandmother's painting I cut out a thick piece of cardboard to back the painting and keep the envelope stiff, and then I stuck it into this large manila envelope.  I was a little worried about the painting not being snug and slipping around in there, so I cut off the end and sewed it up with a fun stitch.

Ahhh, cheap :)

I would love to hear about your favorite way of packaging things.  Want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...