Tuesday, June 12, 2012

perception


I'm working on a new pattern for the shop and have to go through a few mock-ups first.  This lizard guy was one.  I decided to give him to my one year old since I've made about a dozen dolls for my daughter.  I was up late past everyone last night finishing it up and brought it up to my room with me to surprise him with it in the morning.  This morning my daughter woke up and snuck into our room and spotted the 'dragon' for about 20 seconds before my husband had to shoo her out for breakfast.  

A few minutes later she had brought me this:


Oh man.
I love being a mom.
I love that she is clever, and feels comfortable enough in our home to have found where we keep the printer paper and pencils.
I love that I have never taught her to draw anything in her life and this is the raw product of how she perceives the world around her.
And I love this drawing :)


And I love this little guy too.  Even when he has had a mysterious fever for the past three days and is still a trouper.

It all just makes me happy :)

1 comment:

  1. i hope i could have that lizard as well. it kinda look like dinosaur! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...