Sunday, August 12, 2012

A toad, peoples!


My little sister and I have been watching my nieces and nephews for a few weeks.  They are, to put it bluntly, adorable children.  The eldest is all the way out fascinated by frogs.  He was completely devastated when his frog beanie baby was left at Granny's house.  So, how does one comfort a child who has lost his toy frog?
One buys them a real frog.
Or, in the case that pet frogs all of a sudden become 'all the rage' and the pet store is completely sold out of them, a toad might suffice.

Now I would like to clarify something for you peoples.  I do not like frogs.  I don't like to use the word hate, but I strongly strongly dislike frogs, frog stickers, frog pictures, etc.  The only way I consented to this was that for one, I did not have to care for the bugger, and two, he was leaving my home in a week.
This all just goes to show that when someone puts effort into taking care of someone, or something else, you might just soften into liking them the tiniest ittiest bit.  Because it turns out that I have had to feed him (LIVE CRICKETS!)  And I don't actually want him to die.  And I guess he's okay.

So there you have it.  
I still don't like frogs.
Or toads.
With the exception of Mr. Toady.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...