Friday, November 1, 2013

Wood Burning Tools


Hello!
Today I'm going to talk about my wood burning tool.  I've had a few questions about what I use when I make my baby teethers and I thought I'd clear up a few of them :)
This here is my current wood burner.  I found it at a craft store (I believe it was AC Moore, but I'm sure you can find them at Joanns).  It is a Walnut Hollow, and I love it!  Lookie at all the little attachments:  


It can be found for under $10 on Amazon here.  But if you do a basic search for wood burning tools on Amazon you can come up with several options, a few of which have even more attachments.  I find that I don't really need more than what I have here though.  The Walnut Hollow also has an 'On' and 'Off' switch, which can come in handy.
This is the tool I began with:


It was purchased at Home Depot, and while it certainly does work, it only had the one tip and I found I quickly grew out of it.  It does not have an 'On' and 'Off' switch.  Here is a project that I created with my Weller:


See?  Not so bad, but it would have been easier with more tip options.
And here is my most recent baby teether made with the Walnut Hollow wood burner:






And if you are interested in my tutorial for an all natural baby-safe (olive oil and bees wax) finish, you can find it here!


I hope that clears things up!  I truly love this hobby :)  I'd love to post more about it!
As always, let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

3 comments:

  1. the wood you have listed there is not poplar but red oak......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure looks like Red Oak huh? I have both in my stash and use both for baby teethers because they are nice and hard. This happens to be Poplar though :) They look a lot alike.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...