Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gingerbread Church


Oh!  Lookit here.  It's almost February and I am finally posting a picture of my gingerbread church.  My mother has a tradition that has been going on for over 30 years.  She creates a new gingerbread house every year.  Every year she makes a new pattern, builds the house, and then throws away the pattern so she can start fresh the next year.  Last year was my first year, and here we are the tradition going strong.  I've yet to understand this form of art like my mother though.  She knows how to ice a house like nobody's business.  My pattern was a little off, and by the time I am decorating it I seriously question why I'm doing it at all.  It stresses me out, it's all blotchy, and the red window's dyed the icing on top.  Ah well, I guess I have about 50 years to get it right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...